15/10/2009

My adventures in 1066

Day one:
I arrive out of my space ship and I put on my farmers suit. I come back from the future to study the medieval fighting. I chose a day before the battle of Stamford Bridge. I put my disguise on, it consist of a tunic, long pants and a scarf. I started working on the fields I pulled out all the potatoes. The farm I work on has this big tree with steps that go all the way up; everyday I go up there and look at both hills on either side of the farm. I worked my heart out and I went to bed.


Day two:
Today was normal until it started raining and thundering. It was good for the plants and myself to take a shower.
I had a good breakfast and I had some free time to go to my village and buy some bread for myself. I walked back and I heard men shouting from a far distance but I walked back. To my house, I started taking out fruits and potatoes. I went back to sleep.

Day three:
I woke up early due to shouting men I ran to the big tree and saw two giant armies fighting against each other. I was scared to death when a soldier walked in he said ‘I am Harold Godwineson the king of England; here is your amour, a shield and sword. I was pushed onto the battlefield we killed and killed for hours and we won we were very tired. I sneaked back to my farm and his under the bed until I heard people moving away. Harald hadraada was beaten in the battle.

Day four:
The next morning I was thinking about last night, I have fought against the Vikings and their king harald hadraada and won but where is Harold? He was off to the south of England to fight William Duke of Normandy. I quickly ran to the big tree and looked around. All I saw was dead men and more dead men I had an idea. I will look at the bodies and I will some swords and shields home. I ran back to my space ship and traveled back to the future. I was frightened but happy that it was all over. And I researched all the items I collected back in the future.


(by Marnix Tissing)

No comments:

Post a Comment