15/10/2009

Dear diary,
Father has gone off to get ready for war. I am helping out. They need to get all the weapons ready to fight Harold. Harold is a cruel and sneaky man. I mean it wasn’t fair of him to get himself secretly crowned. It should have been a fair battle between three us but then again Harold Godwineson is not fair. Father is proud to be in Harald’s army and I’m also proud he is. Getting weapons ready is hard work. I was exhausted afterwards. I am proud to be helping such a good man like harald. I am sure he’ll win this battle.
-Tessa


Dear Diary,
Father just left to go to war. It is cold and misty outside its horrible. I can’t believe they actually go outside in this weather. Harald is accompanied by Earl Tostig Harold’s brother. It’s quite funny that Harold’s brother is fighting against him. I am not aloud to be at the war so I am actally sitting on a grassy patch above the field. I don’t want to look though it so sad. I don’t know where father is anymore. I lost track of him an hour ago. We are losing. There are now more dead than alive. I just hope father isn’t one of those who are dead.
-Tessa



Dear Diary,
Father didn’t survive. After the battle I went to look for him and he wasn’t there. I looked everywhere and eventually found him dead in the grass by many others. I didn’t stay long though I ran home crying to Mother. That was a week ago. I was to sad to write it then. Father is gone, and we lost the battle things couldn’t get worse.


(By Tessa Smulders)

No comments:

Post a Comment