15/10/2009

The Battle of Stamford Bridge: a journal

Journal Entry
Battle of Stamford Bridge

Day 1:

Today, I woke up early so I can eat my breakfast first before my sister finishes it. I walk downstairs and found my mom at the table. I sat on the chair opposite my mom. Then I started to eat my bread. It was a perfect and peaceful day. Suddenly, the door bangs and a huge man came in. “The Vikings are attacking our land! They're going to burn everything!” he shouted. Then I saw it through the window. Almost all the buildings near my house were burning. I also saw so many people running. Without thinking, I ran really fast joining the people outside. My mom was running behind me. But then I decided to run into the forest and hide there. So I ran towards the forest and kept jogging through the trees until I was really tired and I fainted.

Day 2:

I woke up when the sun was rising. I realized that I slept on the ground. I walked in the direction I went yesterday. Then I found a city, and there was a bridge near it. Suddenly, I heard horses galloping. Then I saw it, so many horses galloping towards the bridge. But not only one side, but also the other side of the bridge. Then I saw a fight, a big fight. So I guessed it should be the English against the Vikings. My mom confirmed that the Vikings are attacking our country. So I decided that I'm big enough to be an English soldier. So I took some weapons from other dead soldiers and battled against the Vikings. I took a bow and a knife. I know how to use a bow because my dad told me when before he died. I know who the English and who the Vikings are by looking at their flag. I aimed and shot the bow. It was a long day and finally, King Harold won the war. I saw the Viking King Harald Hardraada die in battle. At night, I saw Harold soldiers prepared to go back home. I saw them marching away from the bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment