28/10/2009

Dear diary By GodCarlos Le

1066 September 20th

Today I will go back in time to the middle ages, more specifically to the 1066. I am going to report back to the future on how life was in the middle ages and how people lived before and after battle. There people can’t know that I am from the future and in this case I have to use a different name and I will be using Acwel Arthur. I will be fighting on Harold Godwineson’s side as a saxon.

1066 September 21st

Edward the confessor king of England died in January 5th 1066. Edward had no children therefore there was no one to take the throne of England. There were three men who claimed they were the rightful men to take the throne these men were Harold Godwineson , Harald Hardraada and William the duke of Normandy. Unfortunately for Hardraada and William Harold Godwineson had the best claim and became the king of England. But they weren’t going to give up like that they were going to fight for the throne.

1066 September 22n

I arrived in the 1066 and I need to get new clothes because people can see me and know that I am from the future. So I got myself a long cloth and a chainmail on top, most people wore the long cloth but I was going to be a warior so therefore I needed chainmail and a sword and a shield. I also needed to eat food from there because if they see me eating Oreos they will know I am from the future. I saw that lots of people eating bread drinking water. Some of the wealthier people ate fruits but I wasn’t going to be a wealthy person.

1066 September 23rd

Harald Hardraada had arrived in the north of England and started to burn small towns. As the Saxons all marched to the north to attack Hardrada I waited in London and explored how people lived there.

No comments:

Post a Comment