28/10/2009

Battle of Hastings1066

Dear Diary,

I just got back from time travelling. They set the machine on “Man” and “Hastings 1066”. The machine must have gone wrong, though. I’m a girl, a couple of days before the battle, and in Normandy. Girls in these days don’t have many rights. I also can’t wear a dress above my ankles! And I can’t wear pants either! That’s just part of it. I have to get up early to milk the cow, and when I say early, I don’t mean just 6:30 in the morning, I mean around 3:00! Anyways, right now that’s not my greatest concern. My greatest concern is that, as a girl, I might not be able to go to England on a ship, much less assist to the battle itself. For the go to England part, I’ll ask my dad. I could go like the neighbour’s daughter to encourage them, or serve food. Obviously I am o the Normans side.The ships are ready, but the weather sure isn’t, which means we’re stuck here waiting for a wind change. – Yours,

Carisa T.

Dear Diary,

I’m starting to have some problems. Firstly, my “parents” are starting to get suspicious that I’m staying locked up in my room for so long. I can’t tell them I’m writing a diary because women and most men don’t know how to write, and paper costs way to much at this time. My second problem is that my dad just plain flat out refuses to let me go with him. You know what that means? Yup, I’m going to have to sneak onto the ship. When my parents are in bed, I’ll steal some salted meat, a vial of pure water, and some string, to amuse myself in the journey.-Yours

Carisa

Dear Diary,

We have arrived, finally! The trip went smoothly and quickly. Tonight, when nobody is looking, I am going outside to stretch my legs, get some fresh air, and maybe even get that sea smell out of my long red hair. (Actually, its more brown than red.) I am getting a little tired of smoked beef, although that was only about a day. Maybe I could find mushrooms. I have got to make sure no on sees an unwanted passenger is on board, or else I could be hanged. Anyways, the men are waiting for the Saxons, fully armed. I plan to hide in a bush near the battlegrounds. Tommorrow, we Normans are reay to fight! -Yours truly,

Carisa Anne Thatcher

Dear Diary,

I am now cosily hidden behind a bush. I decided to use the string by planting two sticks in the ground and attaching the string to it. This way, If the Saxons or Normans come charging towards me, with, or without, big horses, they will trip, giving me time to run away. Everybody is wearing chainmail, and glinting silver armor. The shields are mostly made of wood, and adorned in the middle with a large metal plate. Anyways, watching the battle, I think the Saxons have the advantage, since they are up hill and the Normans down hill. The Saxons have made a rather strong shied wall. Everyone is wearing chainmail and stiff iron armor. The Housecarls, from England, are using double sided axes. The Normans are trying to intimmidate their enemy by being on horseback, and it seems to be working. They all seem hungry for each others blood! The Norman archers are trying to shoot the Saxons with no sucess, due to the up hill position. Now the Normans have decided to charge, but the shield wall holds back. If the Normans make a dent in the wall, though, they could easily attack. Oh, what do I see? The Normans are fleeying! Or are they? It seems they are tricking the Saxons. Well, it sure did trick them, cause it is breacking the shield wall since the English are running after them. Harold, king of England, can not do anthing about it since he is on foot, compared to William, who is on horseback.Oh dear! The fleeying Normans and chasing Saxons are going straight towards me! Some are even tripping over my trap, but are not stopping. Suddenly, the Normans, outnumbering the Saxons, turn around and kill most of them. Then, they run back for more! After a while, William starts his archers up again, until Harold gets shot in the eye by an arrow. Yippee! We won! -C.A.T

After the battle, the Norman ship returned home, but I stayed. Anyways, the machine will take me back to the future, and the real Carisa will return home. - Ophelie Tousignant.

No comments:

Post a Comment