29/10/2012

Jean-Claude Arc-forte


Dear Journal,                            28.9.1066
We Normans arrived early this morning with 700 ships, 7,500 men and 200 horses.  There was no one to be seen the beach was empty so we decided to have a feast. We made our way up to London and we stopped at different villages and burned them down to show Harold Godwinson that we were going to win the battle. We stopped at the bottom of a hill just outside Hastings, to rest for a while because Harold and his army would not be any where near London yet. As we rested we had some food to give us some energy for the battle. We are ready to win the battle and we will succeed.
I must stop writing or I’ll die of hunger.
Jean-Claude Arc-forte.








Dear Journal,                             13.10.1066
We know that by tomorrow we will by battling for the throne of England, and William will win. We decided that we would have the battle here on this hill the hill is called Senlac hill instead of London. By the time Harold and his army get here they will be tried and restless from the march down here because Harold wouldn’t let them stop in London and get some food or any new weapons. We have been getting ready for a few weeks now for this battle, I have sharpened all of my arrows and cleaned my bow. I’m ready, I’ve been practicing my shooting and its much better then most of the other archers. Even though in the battle I will not have any chainmail on I know I be safe, all I will be wearing is my normal long trousers and top with a helmet and my sandals. William has decided to have a feast so we have energy for the battle tomorrow so I have go hopefully I will be able to tell you about the battle we will win.
Jean-Claude Arc-forte.
Dear Journal,                             14.10.1066
The battle was horrible we started off be me and the rest of the archers were at the front and shooting straight at them but because we were at the bottom of the hill and Harold and his army were at the top of the hill so our shots either went over their heads or in the hill before it got to them. But because that wasn’t working William decided that we needed a new plan so he sent me and the archers at the back and told us to shoot up so that the arrows would go so high up that when they came down they would hit the Saxons and kill them and that is what happened.  Then the shield wall broke and our foot soldiers went in and killed the rest of his army. But Harold was killed by arrow in his eye. I told you we would win the battle.
Jean-Claude Arc-forte.






Dear Journal,                            30.12.1066
I a lot has changed since we won the battle, William became King and offered my a job and as the head of the archers for the army, so me and my family moved to England. The English were not at all happy that William won the war but they got over it and they don’t love us but their scared of us. Winning the battle was one of the best things that happened to my family and me.
Jean-Claude Arc-forte.












No comments:

Post a Comment